1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA Administrator Huerta to stay on job?

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    FAA Administrator Huerta was appointed by President Obama. He has indicated to President elect Trump that he would like to stay on the job. However just what are Mr Huerta's credentials? Mr Huerta is a lawyer, he had little aviation experience before getting appoint as the FAA Administrator.

He is responsible for the estimated 40 Billion dollar Next Generation Navigation system. Currently the program is behind schedule and over budget. The DOT Inspector General has indicated that FAA is not capable of handling the new navigation system. The Inspector General has criticized the FAA.

In addition THe FAA has dropped the ball on Air Traffic Control, with a serious shortage of qualified controllers. So, there are big problems ahead for the FAA.

FAA has an 18 BILLION dollar budget and it is climbing higher every year. So is Mr Huerta the right man for the job?

MORE
    http://www.aero-news.net/GetMoreFromANN.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=f957d652-57fb-42cf-b7c7-4c3dd4b66da4

Lord Leighton, Everett 757 and Kevin like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

........So i suppose when president Trump is sworn into office he will have to decide, is Mr Huerta the right man for the job? He was appointed by President Obama.....so will Mr. Huerta fit win with the winning team that is going to make America great again.

The FAA has always been lame, with respect to helping the industry. the FAA right now is responsible for some of the Problems General Aviation is facing. In my neck of the woods most FAA inspectors are not current. They can not give check rides. Companies looking to start on demand charter companies are put off. Few inspectors are in the field and the FSDO's are supposedly blaming sequestration or the lack of money. I suppose the 18 BILLION dollar buget FAA has is not big enough???

Lord Leighton, Everett 757 and Kevin like this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Silver Member IV

It is more complex the just the figurehead at the top. I am sure that if the Administrator goes maybe he will take some of the upper level bafoons with him. The agency is very toxic right now and the swamp needs to be drained, otherwise when the catastrophic crash happens, the public will suffer.

4. Richard Wyeroski

......Russ

Under Huerta the FAA has a controller shortage because of their games the White House played hiring qualifications. Huerta lowered the hiring standards for controllers. FAA has spent millions on registering toy drones. There are actually drone inspectors in the FAA. God knows their qualifications. The industry has been waiting years for a part 23 rewrite and the new medical standards. This would make US manufacturers more competitive internationally. Nothing gets done. No one is allowed to make decisions. The dead wood in the FAA is costing millions. No one cares and a swamp draining, dredging and fumigating is needed.

The new Administration is coming in and hopefully things will change.....your day in court just maybe coming!!

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  5. Rotorruss

Richard.

I will try to be patient for the change. This time of year is tough for me and my work related injuries. Management has overruled me on a safety consern and told me that I don't need to be looking into it. I know what the root cause is and they don't like it.

Happy New Year!!!

6. Richard Wyeroski

.....I believe the whistleblower is going to be protected. President Trump has vowed to clean up the government and the easiest way I know is to ask the rank and file. Allow them to point to the minions in the FAA that have that are stealing the people blind. Fraud, waste, abuse and criminal activity ran wild in my FSDO. Anyone that did not go along was removed from Federal Service on trumpted up charges. That is how they operate.

The problem is in Washington DC at FAA headquarters. I know many former inspectors that know where the problems are.

2017 will be the year for change.

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  7. The Advisor

The Advisor Hangar Associate Member IV

Lord Leighton likes this.
  8. The Advisor

The Advisor Hangar Associate Member IV

Just to let most know that ASH Huerta was down to Trump Tower asking the President Trump to keep his position, more or less he was there (begging) to keep his position; according to the information as related that Huerta and Peggy Gilligan, and all the rest of the Cesspool party of Corruption will be replace, and addition their is going to be a 28% to 34% cut in the budget plus the FAA will have to cut in in all top management, i.e legal counsel, and other unnecessary appointed positions. So ASH Huerta your days are numbered, your cesspool of corruption and misuse of Government funds are coming to end.

upload_2017-1-1_19-10-28.png upload_2017-1-1_19-11-39.png

Again these two flaming A$$hole will be gone

9. Rotorruss

I hope you all are right. I don't want other brothers and sisters in the field to have to suffer a life long disability like I have to. There are 3 common root causes in this toxic agency; culture, training and policy. I am sure you can name more but these three caused my disability.

10. Richard Wyeroski

......Unfortunately the damage that has been done to the US aviation system has been well hidden by FAA senior management.

These people never expected President Trump to win. They were pleased that a Hillary Administration would have been more of the same......they were at the top of the heep making their 200k a year doing nothing.

When I was an Inspector at the Farmingdale FSDO, I realized I was in trouble when I reported at very serous runway incursion at Islip MacArthur airport,when A Delta 737 and a Cessna 172 narrowly missed hitting each other on the runway by 50'. I earned a 10 day suspension by management for this blunder.

The FAA needs to be cleaned out from top to bottom......!

Kevin and Lord Leighton like this.
  11. Richard Wyeroski

It is simple the FAA needs to be cleaned out from top to bottom. The FAA has ceased being a safety agency.

Kevin, Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  12. Rotorruss

Hope it happens soon. I can't handle the proposed structure change. I wasn't hired for this change in working conditions. A 5 year FLM doesn't have the knowledge or experience to be in their position. They worry more about font size than the content of the message. Not only do I have to do my job, but I have to do their job too. I have enough brain damage from the work related injury that management caused. They won't let me Medical out. They are trying to force me to leave or take a lower level job. Because of the upper level managements incompetence, I am permanently disabled, yet they got promoted.

13. Rotorruss

Well, it's day one and I hear that Heurta is now the acting DOT Secretary until the DOT confirmation hearing is done. We'll see if this is the last stop before he exits? Maybe ATC will get privatized? Trump did say that he was giving the power of the government back to the people during his speech. God knows what else needs fixing in the FAA.

14. Richard Wyeroski

Yes it appears Mr Huerta is not FAA Administrator any longer. He is now Acting DOT Secretary effective today.

This could be the end of Mr Huerta, since President Trump has picked the new DOT Secretary Elaine Chao and she is awaiting confirmation.
    MORE>>>>>
    http://www.politico.com/tipsheets/m...enced-connected-chao-for-dot-secretary-217622

So Mr Huerta has been tasked to stand in for now
    MORE>>>>>
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secretary_of_Transportation

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  15. Rotorruss

16. Richard Wyeroski

.........As President Trump has said in his speech.....there will be changes and this day forward a new vision will govern our land.

FAA management that are inept and talk and do nothing will be out and new people will come in and get the job done!

Too many good Inspectors lost their jobs because they dared to do their jobs. Hopefully their day is coming and corrupt inept government management will be gone!!

Kevin and Lord Leighton like this.
  17. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

I'm thinking that President Trump is allowing his cabinet to do their jobs as in letting the DOJ and AG Sessions investigate 'transgressions' of the recent past, if you get my drift. He may let Elaine Chao advise him as well. I'm sure if she is INFORMED of the FAA operations, changes will be made. ;)

18. Richard Wyeroski

President Trump's appointment of Elaine Chao is a step in the right direction. Getting rid of Secretary Fox, an Obama appointee with no aviation experience. Ironically FAA Administrator Huerta was tasked to be acting DOT secretary until the new Secretary can be confirmed. It appears that Huerta has been removed as FAA Administrator?

Lord Leighton likes this.
  19. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

We'll see next week! :D

Rotorruss likes this.
  20. Rotorruss

I could see a Mr. Inhofe or someone like him in the future. I understand there already have been discussions on this. 100 days can be a long time to wait.