1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA layoff's ahead

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    It's a good start. Hopefully you guys will have a chance to state yer case. Just keep on them to hear your cases. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Rotorruss likes this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

....when it think of the millions the FAA wastes on bogus false enforcement actions it just boggles the mind.....

Lord Leighton and Rotorruss like this.
  3. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Bronze Member IV

4. Richard Wyeroski

It will take some time to fix all the damage from the last 16 years......the government is so top heavy and corrupt, digging out the minions is no easy task!!!!

5. Rotorruss

Well, hopefully, between the "biggly" one and the transportation secretary, the senior management will hear "You're Fired!!". Their corrupt, empire building ways caused my injuries and disablity. AAE Director needs to go too. Any minion who harasses the worker bees for doing their job and not looking the other way, needs to be investigated too. It's time to take the whistleblower process out of the hands of the government agencies.

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  6. Richard Wyeroski

....a lot going on right now....changes are coming....

Rotorruss likes this.
  7. Lord Leighton

Priorities are a priority right now and as you even said there is a whistle blower causus in action for 6 months. YOU are part of this 'proof'. No action will be taken on ANYTHING until the FACTS are proven. No knee jerk reaction just factual pro-action will ensue. It is up to you guys, the expert witnesses/victims to pro-act and state your cases hard and loud. The President needs to weed out the leak moles that Obama's action 17 days before he left office are removed, quelled, and prosecuted. There is a war going on within this country and behind the scenes. The Communists (Demoncrats) need to be defeated once and for all. Quit bitchin and DO IT!
    ;)

Richard Wyeroski and Rotorruss like this.
  8. Rotorruss

Thanks LL and Rich.

I keep forgetting that the term for the administrator and AAE is dictated by statute. I guess I've been so used to the corruption, I've forgotten how long it's been going on. That's pretty easy now for me to forget due to my brain damage because of management's carelessness.

My complaint case is going forward, but I don't have much faith in the complaint system. I'm sure they will do their best to squash the complaint and label me as a disgruntled employee. It still doesn't change the fact that they caused my injuries and disablity.

Meanwhile, the agency will continue to empire build with their corrupt management ways while the minions harass the employees who are doing their jobs. The administrator has only 9 months left. He is protected, so he doesn't care what goes on. It will be the next administrator's mess to clean up.

9. Richard Wyeroski

.....yes he is getting the last of the next/gen contracts out and will wind up as the assistant to the assistant Vice President to the president's assistant .....for one of those companies.....the revolving door and the problems the FAA has will still be there for the next administrator!!

Rotorruss and Lord Leighton like this.
  10. Lord Leighton

Somebody has to clean it up.

Rotorruss likes this.
  11. Rotorruss

Yet, the corruption continues. I feel for the next administrator. It agency has been reduced to a laughing stock instead of an organization that is the gold standard. Inspectors are not current to do their job.

The self serving, empire building, senior management want auditors and not someone knowledgeable with aviation subjects. Management is afraid of anyone who may know more then they do, so they target and label the employees as trouble makers. Their so-called change management is nothing more than a smoke screen so they can say they've reduced offices. How can that be when they go from 7 to 12 senior managers?

The field will continue to suffer while the top continues to grow. Doing more with less only applies to the field inspectors and support staff!!

Lord Leighton likes this.
  12. Rotorruss

We'll see how many agency employees get laid off. If anything, there will be an attrition down. That attrition won't include any upper management positions. To take a saying from Blazing Saddles, "gentleman, we have to protect our phony baloney jobs".

God bless the field and support staff, those who do more with less and do the REAL work!!

13. Richard Wyeroski

...The FSDO by me has only two Operations Inspectors and neither are current to fly. I always loved the words current......but not proficient. How could any pilot stay current with 20 hours a year flight time? The 40/40 program was a joke. I did a lot of the flight tests because I owned my own aircraft and flew it regularly.......so I was proficient?

14. Rotorruss

Management is incompetent running the inspector resource and flight program. There are so many safety lapses they fail to consider. They conned Babbitt into signing a new order giving senior management the power to run the program without the proper oversight. This lack of oversight is what got me hurt and disabled.

Heurta is now making it worse. Inspectors are now giving checks from the back of the cabin in jets and other aircraft where they can't even see the cockpit. Inspectors complain, but management ignores them. Management doesn't keep the inspectors current. The excuse is that the inspector isn't PIC so they don't need to be current. Training isn't being scheduled. Management use inspectors that are not qualified in the aircraft. This is all done in attempt to get the job done and hope nothing wrong happens.

It's just a matter of time before the next crash happens. They continue violating rules and hiding the reports. These safety lapses show the lengths the agency will go to get the job done and hide the non compliance.

15. Richard Wyeroski

...it looks like the FAA is going out of the flight test business....

16. Rotorruss

Sad, but probably true. HQ doesn't know what AEG does either. Yet, they regulate the qualifications for aircraft types. At least I've been on a FSB, unlike those in HQ.

It's not to say AEG and AIR haven't screwed up an FSB or FOEB. I've seen some things that go against the rules. Then again, I've seen some rules that need updating.

I've seen some good designees, but I've seen some very corrupt ones too. The aggravation is, when an inspector tries to exercise their personal preference on designees and the inspector is wrong. A termination of a designee should never be taken lightly.

Maybe, the DOT secretary can adopt a termination policy for those managers who are corrupt? Maybe the minion trolls can pass along my story so I can get it out in the open and on record too?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017