1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

FAA Standards back to the future?

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Bronze Member IV

United States United States
  2. Rotorruss

This empire building is just another reorganizational silo look. Standards are going from 7 to 12 senior managers and a gobs more of minions. The GA field will do more with less and so will the CMOs. Regions aren't going away, just folded into HQ. This will make it look like they have cut back and closed offices. They are still trying to target me and yet they don't want to admit their obligations for my injuries and disablity.

Get ready for the swamp to shift its appearance. Standards Senior Management getting a big pay raise!!

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

....A lot of words by Duncan as he sits in FAA headquarters. Sounds good to The uninitiated......just what do they mean? The accident rate stays the same even though G/A flying hours are going down. The reason is $6 dollar a gallon fuel. Why is it, that FAA inspectors in the field are not current to gives flight tests. Charter operators have to jump through the hoops to try and get the required check rides for their pilots.

FAA has close all overseas offices and does not conduct inspections of foreign repair stations that perform maintenance on US flag air carriers.

No one wants to talk about potential terrorist activity against the US and European aircraft

Emergency returns are high in the airline industry because of poor low cost maintenance by foreign repair stations.

The FAA is not doing their job protecting the flying public and with the increase in twin jet operations on long overwater routes, I see problems ahead and the increase in the accident and incident rate.

Duncan's words mean nothing but the usual rhetoric by FAA management that accomplishes nothing.........

Over the years since being forced out of Federal Service illegally by FAA Senior Management I have continued to warn the industry of problems. Managers like Duncan would rather cover them up and keep their fingers crossed..........MORE
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...d-be-with-booby-trapped-planes/article/132954

4. Richard Wyeroski

BTW I find it difficult reading the FAA Safety Briefing Magazine. I know it is just hollow words by approved by senior managers to maintain the status quo. I know President Trump can spot this a mile away and the FAA as we know it (by former inspectors) is going to change. cleaning out FAA Headquarters will be a start. I only hope it is not too late !

PLease Read this PAST AIRNATION thread.....it is not politically correct for sure.........;)
    http://airnation.net/hangar/threads/war-and-the-terroist-danger-where-is-the-faa.16764/

5. Richard Wyeroski

Russ

A read of this attached link will give some idea of the problems of foreign third world maintenance. How stupid are we?

Duncan and the rest of the FAA Senior Managemenrt have no clue what is going on in the world. They make their 179,900 FAA salary and the check hits their bank every two weeks.....that is all they care about.

THE DANGER OF OVERSEAS THIRD WORLD REPAIR STATIONS
    http://businesstravelcoalition.com/campaigns/outsourcing/outsourcing_issue_analysis.pdf

6. Rotorruss

Well, here I am at another physical therapy session today. This is the result of the corrupt, empire building, self serving management reorganization of the flight program. Mr. Allen said that the reason for the change was to improve safety. Well, I guess I should be thankful I didn't die in the crash, but the lifelong pain and suffering along with never being able to fly again due to their new and improved flight program is completely wrong. Their so-called safety improvement has left me disabled, yet the self serving, corrupt managers get to enjoy their promotions and retirements. I have six screws and a plate in my neck and more surgeries to come.

Thank you management for your interest in my safety!!!!

7. Rotorruss

Nothing would make me happier than having the standards director and minions sent packing for all the pain and suffering I've had to go through. Yet, they are trying their best to get rid of me so they don't have to deal with my disablity. All of a sudden, after 16 years of a spotless record, they are trying to label me as incompetent. Maybe they should try having their head hit something at 12G's and see how well they function? I hope they choke on their big fat pay raise from the promotions they got. I, on the other hand, have nothing to look forward to, except a lifetime of pain and suffering along with dealing with a disablity.

Heartless management corruption strikes again!! Thanks for the lovely parting gift, Mr Duncan!!

8. Rotorruss

I don't understand this management shell game. The organizational silos look a bit different, but they're still silos. Going from 7 to 12 senior managers with all their new minions seems to shift upwards the layers of management. There appears to be no additional help for the field and I hear that they want to cut the number of CMO principles.

The director has done a poor job of communicating to the field what's going on with the restructuring. How can you get a desire to change if you don't have the awareness for change? It still seems like management by shoving it down your throat and threaten those who don't support the change.

Well, for this disabled person, my disablity doesn't handle change well. Since management caused my disablity, they need to accommodate my disablity to explain changes. This accommodation is not unreasonable. This just shows how heartless and self serving senior management is.

Thank you very much, Mr. Duncan, for being heartless and for your inconsideration!!!