1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Finally the NTSB accident report comes out?!?!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Richard Wyeroski, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    I was surprised that the NTSB after four years + has finally posted the accident I had with the failure of the elevator of the aircraft I was flying!

However the report is listed as factual with supporting documents and pictures and a final NTSB legal statement that I can not understand?

Usually the reports are listed as FINAL which means it is closed. I have never seen a report listed as “FACTUAL”

I will say that the report is through and well presented and the FAA did not issue an Airworthiness Directive AD to prevent it from happening again.

The cause was listed as corrosion and improper hardware installed by a mechanic in 2010.

READ>>>>>>>

https://data.ntsb.gov/carol-repgen/api/Aviation/ReportMain/GenerateNewestReport/93839/pdf

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Richard Wyeroski

If you click the investigation docket, the report will come up with pictures of the damaged aircraft.....

Administrative Information
    Investigator In Charge (IIC): Gunther, Todd Report Date:
    Additional Participating William Attridge; FAA/FSDO; Farmingdale, NY Persons: Henry J Soderlund; Textron Aviation; Wichita, KS
    Note: The NTSB did not travel to the scene of this accident.
    Investigation Docket: https://data.ntsb.gov/Docket?ProjectID=93839

3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Lucky dogs! Good Job!

Everett 757 likes this.
  4. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member VI

Bahamas Bahamas
    The excerpt from the logbook shows compliance with AD 0-11-04, Stab Nut Plates.
    Did the AD not go far enough?

Everett 757 likes this.
  5. Richard Wyeroski

There has never been an AD for changing the elevator end attach point hardware. The AD only is for inspection of the nuts attaching the nuts connecting the stab to the fuselage........Newer model 150 and 152’s simply use a castellated nut and cartter pin, which is easy to see and can not come apart!
    29E94AF6-6A8B-4B80-B7B2-B34DE3411154.jpeg
    OLD SYSTEM.

The 38A bolt worked out of the nut plate