1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

My worst flight review

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Richard Wyeroski, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    I have given about 200 flight reviews over the years. I like to give them because they are suppose to help pilots stay current and fix problems they may have. The review is not a test. A pilot can not fail a review. If there is a problem the review turn into dual instruction and usually a second flight is all that is needed. The longest flight review I ever had was 25 hours because the pilot had not flown in 20 years and needed to get current again. I flew....with him a few more times at his request.

The worst review and I say worst because the pilot was a very difficult person to fly with. He was very opinionated and did not think he needed any review (he did!.....big time) He owned a Cessna 210 and piled the thing up and survived.

To start he did not use a check list. I told to please get it out since I needed to see him use it and we just neede to use a check list. He was rough with the poor aircraft we were in. He taxied fast.....a no no! His flying skill were very rough and he was not listening to me at all.....I stopped the review eventually and told him to go back to the airport. The tower advised him to report down wind and of course he turned down wind in the wrong direction. I advised him he was going the wrong way, he insisted he was going in the right direction.....anyway I said "I HAVE THE AIRCRAFT" did a 180 degree turn and landed the aircraft.

The pilot attempted to tell me that I should not have taken over his aircraft....at which point I told him to STFU and taxied in and shut down......Definietly the worst flight review I ever had to conduct.

BTW I signed his log book as "DUAL" .....never saw him again!!!

Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  2. Everett 757

Everett 757 Hangar Silver Member VI

Wow! Thanks Rich for sharing that experience. I'm glad nothing serious happened and you're here to tell us about it.

3. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

I bet he chewed gum all the time and real fast.

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

......I think he was chewing his lip!

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.