1. Welcome to SocialHangar.net! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Should Irianian Airlines be trusted to operate in the United States

Discussion in 'Airline Talk & Discussion' started by Richard Wyeroski, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

United States United States
    The recent talks about Iran operating flights in and out of the United States is in debate. How safe would it be for Iran to be able to fly in and out of the United States? For one thing, it would be in hot debate in Congress and be a surprise to me if it ever get's an approval.

Iran is a terrorist country and sponsored terrorist groups all over the world. Iran has killed hundreds of American troops indirectly because of their activities.

To now allow free access to American is risky at best. taking it a step further would US Airlines consider flying direct flights to Iran? If they did get approval, if one wants to call it that, there would be very unfair competition and I do not believe any US airline could make a profit doing it. Iran would simply make it an unfair uneven playing field controlling pricing.

The terrorist angle is another point and Iran could literally fly hundreds if not thousands of terrorists into the United States.

More>>>>>>>>>>>
    http://www.wnd.com/2016/01/iran-wants-to-resume-direct-flights-to-u-s/

PS very interesting comments about Iran on that attached link!

Everett 757 and Lord Leighton like this.
  2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

Who in their right mind would want to go to Iran as a tourist? They would most likely arrest visitors/Christians for "trying to overthrow the government" as we've seen all too often.

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  3. Sergay Babinsky

Sergay Babinsky Hangar Bronze Member V

Canada Canada
    I'm Gay (which in Iran is probably worst then being Christian) and I would actually enjoy visiting Iran. The country seems interesting and has very rich history. The Iranian/Persian culture is a very nice one and they have great food. I really don't see why people would not visit Iran actually. Of course, people that visit such countries need to be aware of the culture, laws, etc. and be cautious, but if a person visiting is not searching for trouble, I doubt he/she will find any.
    My post will sound like a devils advocate post and/or a flame bate one, but my post reflects my thoughts and opinion and I am really sorry if I annoyed someone.

Flytdeck and Tamarindwalk like this.
  4. Richard Wyeroski

No one .....! The main point is possible terrorism with this know country that harbors and promotes terrorism through out the world..!

5. Richard Wyeroski

.....I can not get past the fact that Iran has sponsored terrorism for years. Thousands have died because of this government. To allow an open transportation system will not work at this time. The Iranian Government also has to change or war will be inevitable. Giving this government 100 BILLION dollars and dropping sanctions will lead to more terrorist activity. Only time will tell what will actually happen. If Iran changes and does good for their people, then just maybe things will change. The evil government will have to be forced from power.

Executing individuals because of their sexual orientations is evil. Promoting terror is evil. Sponsoring war where innocents are killed is evil. Killing their own people is evil. Change must come and come soon

As it stands now Iran is banned from flying to the United States and Europe because of unsafe airline operations that have a high accident rate, given their limited operations. Europe conducts flights to Iran and this is currently how Iranians must travel to enter the US. It's Europe first and then a flight from Europe to the US.

6. Sergay Babinsky

Sergay Babinsky Hangar Bronze Member V

Canada Canada
    Not entirely true, that would be Saudi-Arabia you are thinking of. Iran does give us Gays' the option to change sex, if we decide against the operation then they kill us. But they do give us an option first. :D
    Care to explain to me the regular flights of Iran Air and Mahan Air to the EU then?
    And what "high accident" rate are you talking about? This is not meant to be a provocative question even if it seems like one, as I am trully intrigued of where you are getting this information from since I have not heard or read about any major and/or fatal crash involving Iranian planes in the past decade or so.

7. Lord Leighton

Yea, and they had a few (3) accidents, one on takeoff right in Tehran just in 2014 but their "free press" didn't report it. The news was snuck out to western news sources. Iran's planes have hair under their wings as it is. Probably lice too. Who knows, they might use new planes to throw gays out of too! They might request rear air stairs to do just that. wHorrible regime

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Irish MD-11 likes this.
  8. Richard Wyeroski

I stand corrected, a slip of the key board and I included Iran being banned from Europe. EASA has their own rules and Iran is allowed of course to fly to certain European countries. Unlike the US, Europe has numerous different governing bodies and all do not look at Iran as a terrorist state. However The US has banned Iran for years and I don't see this changing.

Given their limited size. Iranian Airlines have had accidents. I have always said aircraft are overbuilt and take a beating before failing. Most Iranian airlines are banned from Europe except for those few that have been flying into Europe against the sanctions imposed by the US.

MORE>>>>>>>>>
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Iranian_Aviation_Accidents_and_Incidents

Lord Leighton and Everett 757 like this.
  9. Richard Wyeroski

BTW.....these European Countries that allow Iran "in" have done so despite US wishes and a call to sanction Iran for their terrorist activities.

I'll call this for what it is "BLOOD MONEY" I am sure all involved have made a hefty profit.

Their are unreported deaths connecting Iranian aircraft crashes, however getting the exact number from this country is difficult since the government controls all media.

However maybe this article from the HILL will explain some

MORE
    http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-b...5406-sanctions-cause-iranian-airplane-crashes

10. Lord Leighton

This might help, who knows how many others:
    Incomplete List of Iranian Aviation Accidents and Incidents:
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This is an incomplete list of aviation accidents and incidents that took place in Iran, or involved aircraft traveling to and from Iran.

Date Airline Aircraft Location Casualties
    December 25, 1952 Iran Air Douglas DC-3 Tehran, Iran 27 fatalities
    January 21, 1980 Iran Air Boeing 727-86 Alborz Mountains 128 fatalities
    July 3, 1988 Iran Air Flight 655 Airbus A300B2 Persian Gulf 290 fatalities, no survivors
    April 26, 1992 Iran Air Tours Fokker F27 Friendship 400M Saveh, Iran 39 fatalities
    February 8, 1993 Iran Air Tours
    Iranian Air Force

Tupolev Tu-154
    Sukhoi Su-24

Mehrabad International Airport 131 fatalities
    October, 1994 Iran Asseman Airlines Flight 746 Fokker F-28 Natanz, Iran 66 fatalities
    March 17, 1994 Iranian Air Force C-130 Hercules Ballıca, near Stepanakert, Azerbaijan 32 fatalities
    September 19, 1995 Kish Air Flight 707 Boeing None
    March 14, 1997 Iranian Military northeastern Iran 80 fatalities
    Feb. 2, 2000 Iranian Air Force C-130 Tehran Airport 6 fatalities
    Nov 13, 2000 Aria Air Yakovlev Southern Iran 1 fatality; 2 injured[1]
    May 18, 2001 Faraz Qeshm Airlines YAK-40 13 miles (21 km) from Sari, Iran 29 fatalities
    Feb. 12, 2002 Iran Air Tours Flight 956 Tupolev Tu-154 Khorramabad, Iran 118 fatalities
    Dec. 23, 2002 Antonov An-140 Isfahan, Iran 45 fatalities
    February 19, 2003 IRGC (Iranian Revolutionary Guard) Ilyushin Il-76 22 miles (35 km) SE of Kerman, Iran 302 fatalities
    Feb. 10, 2004 Kish Air Fokker-50 Sharjah, UAE 43 fatalities
    April 20, 2005 Saha Air Lines Boeing 707-300 Tehran 3 fatalities[2]
    December 6, 2005 Iranian Air Force C-130E Hercules Tehran 128 or 116 fatalities; 90 injured
    Jan. 9, 2006 IRGC (Iranian Revolutionary Guard) Falcon Near Orumieh, Iran 11 fatalities
    September 1, 2006 Iran Air Tours Tupolev Tu-154M Mashad, Iran 28 fatalities
    Nov. 27, 2006 Iranian Military Antonov An-74 Tehran 36 fatalities
    July 23, 2007 Iranian Military Mashad, Iran None[3]
    January 2, 2008 Iran Air Fokker 100 Tehran None
    Aug. 24, 2008 Iran Aseman Airlines Flight 6895 Boeing 737-219 Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan 68 fatalities; 15 injured
    February 15, 2009 IrAn-140 Near Isfahan/Shahin Shahr-Hesa Air Base[1] 5 fatalities
    July 15, 2009 Caspian Airlines Flight 7908 Tupolev Tu-154 Jannatabad, outside Qazvin, Iran 168 fatalities
    July 24, 2009 Aria Air Flight 1525 Ilyushin IL-62M Mashhad, Iran 16 fatalities; 19 injured
    January 9, 2011 Iran Air Flight 277 Boeing 727-286Adv Orumieh (OMH), Iran 79 fatalities; 24 injured; 2 lost[2]
    March 3, 2014 IR-CAO (Iran Civil Aviation Organization) Falcon Kish, Iran 4 fatalities
    May 10, 2014 Iran Aseman Airlines Flight 8053 Fokker 100 Zahedan, Iran 0 fatalities; 9 injured
    August 9, 2014 Sepahan Airlines[

Everett 757 likes this.
  11. Lord Leighton

Notice how many more happened AFTER this regime of Mandrels took hold and got themselves sanctions?

Everett 757 and Richard Wyeroski like this.
  12. Richard Wyeroski

All it takes in money to fix the problems. Iran's assets just became unfrozen because of the deal. They will order new planes and buys the brains to operate them.

Time will tell ........

13. Tamarindwalk

Tamarindwalk Hangar Bronze Member V

Philippines Philippines
    I look forward to visiting Iran.

Flytdeck likes this.
  14. Flytdeck

Flytdeck Hangar Bronze Member VI

Qatar Qatar
    Gosh, I am not sure where a lot of stuff on this thread comes from.

First, the accident issue. The sanctions imposed by the west forced Iran to use sub-standard equipment, much of it coming from the Soviets. Since the overthrow of the Shah (by the way, a regime that was put in place by overthrowing a democratically elected leadership), it has been very difficult for the Iranians to keep their western aircraft flying with the restriction on parts.

Though not completely cognizant with the politics, it seems one of the major problems is Iran's continued conflict with Israel. Though none of us want proliferation of nuclear weapons, one of the problems has been Iran's desire to arm themselves with weapons to counter Israel's large stockpile of nuclear arms. There is now an agreement in place that, though Israel is not pleased, should at least defer the problem to the next generation.

There is an issue between the Sunni and Shia factions of Islam. Protestants and Catholics have similar issues in certain parts of the world (and also display a degree of violence). Though much of the focus is on religion, the driving forces behind the violence are power and poverty.

Saudi Arabia is an ally of the USA. Iran is not. Compare the regimes. Pop quiz. Which country would be the most interesting and safest to visit?

From what I have experienced, the removal of the sanctions in Iran will engender to new life to the population and potentially diminish the stifling control of the religious elite. Iranians are an industrious and progressive people and will welcome the opportunity to renew the infrastructure that has deteriorated since the days of the Shah. Not only their airline, but their industries may flourish on the international markets. Much like Cuba, they also will provide a unique opportunity for adventurous tourists, explorers, and skiing enthusiasts. Just like any other country, there are rules and restrictions that must be followed.

15. Indiana

Indiana Hangar Associate Member II

Slovenia Slovenia
    I have lived a few years in Iran in the 80s and visited it a few years ago. I can clearly say that the situation there is totally opposed to what the US mass media depicts it. Every person I know who visited Iran in the last years was astonished at how nice the country was, as how kind and helpful the citizens are... they all said that now they see that what the West propaganda shows on TV is just pure bullxxx and nothing but propaganda.

As regarding to terrorism... if you knew the "big picture" you would know that they are against Zionism.
    The USA is a much bigger sponsor of terrorism. It supports Saudi Arabia which as probably the worst regime on the Planet (their citizens were also involved in 911), it supports Israel which is in violation of dozens of UN resolutions, Israel also officially denies having a nuclear program (200+ warheads) and has never signed any nuclear agreement (non proliferation,...), the USA is also responsible for the Libya, Afghanistan and Iraq DISASTERS (premeditated mass murder!!!) not to mention the recent hypocrisy when Turkey was proved (pictures, videos and testimonies) to help smuggle oil out of Syria (ISIS) disregarding the sanctions and nothing was done in this regard.

So to say that Iran is a terror sponsoring state is quite frankly pure ignorance or hypocrisy if you please. Just google up the number of wars Iran was involved in and how many the USA was involved in (check out also the coups, etc... downing of an airbus in 1988,...). And again, who is in whose backyard? :) Iran was never a real threat to the USA, but it can't be said the opposite. :)

Regarding aviation in Iran, here is a nice article: http://www.planepics.org/cms/index.php/iran-eng?showall=1

I hope the people in the West will soon realize that they have been lied to and brainwashed. Since the beginning America always needed an enemy to function. They simply can't be "in peace". The system is built that way.
    This also keeps the population in constant fear which brigs people down and away from love, positive... But this is another topic. ;)

Bye Bye :)

Flytdeck and Lord Leighton like this.
  16. Richard Wyeroski

It is hard to understand the problems of the Mid-East, since they have been going on for years.

The religious control of the Iranian government has changed the country obviously. Since the deal between the US and Iran is now in effect and Iran has money and the opportunity to change hopefully they will. Currently other Mid-Eastern states fly into the US. Iran is banned from US airspace because of a poor safety record and aircraft that do not meet FAA standards. If anything it will take time of approve Iranian Airline routes to the US and the current relationship between the US and Iran is questionable. The current Government controlled by the religious factions in Iran appears to hate The US.

Right now with the US going through elections, this whole situation will take a backseat for now.

I heard a statement from the Republican side though!! ... " That see, Iran get's 150 BILLION dollars from the US and they now are buying Airbus"

The whole situation could become a political football and Iran would have to really cooperate. Add in the situation with Israel and it is a political nightmare!

Currently though IMO do trust Iran. Since 9/11 I do not trust being involved with the mid-east. The differences in life styles is too great. The MUSLIM situation is scary to most Americans....The recent homeland attacks by Isis hangs over the mid-east. Say what you want but no one could be sure what is going on.

If you want an answer, just look at Donald Trump. His popularity and run as a strong Presidential candidate if anything, is an example that it will not be politics as usual and many American citizens want change.

All I could say to end by comment is HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT!!!!;)

Lord Leighton likes this.
  17. Lord Leighton

Great enlightening expose'. Nice job and pics! Ty!

Flytdeck likes this.
  18. Shawn White

Shawn White Hangar Silver Member I

Long term the question about what type of relationship the rest of the Western world will have with Iran is hard to say, and shouldn't really be debated here. The political and religious stuff also gets really messy and it's hard to come up with definite answers. Specifically about the airlines though, I think they should be allowed to fly direct on the conditions that it's a limited basis (no open skies agreement), and that Iran can meet international safety standards. As long as they are safe to fly and Homeland Security does their job at immigration, congress and everyone else can keep thinking about Iran in general while the airlines just focus on getting regular flights going.

Indiana, Flytdeck and Lord Leighton like this.
  19. Richard Wyeroski

20. Richard Wyeroski

......I for one do no trust them....Their government sponsors terror.....so how can that change.....you have to chop off the head of the snake....

Lord Leighton and Flytdeck like this.