1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

Time to kick the agency in the nuts!

Discussion in 'FAA News, Opinion and Articles' started by Rotorruss, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Rotorruss

Rotorruss Hangar Bronze Member IV

United States United States
  2. Exuma Guy

Exuma Guy Hangar Silver Member V

Bahamas Bahamas
    Schumer's an idiot. He's deflecting attention away from something... What could it be? Oh yeah....
    That Loretta Lynch was AG 'if' any FISA warrants were approved to tap Trump Tower's phones.

3. Richard Wyeroski

Richard Wyeroski Hangar Gold Member I

Yes Schumer is famous for his sound bits. Long Island had a lot of aircraft accidents last year. (mine not included) It scares the public and makes news and the is what politicians feed on. Since I live next to a small airport, I see problems that could turn into accidents. The fact remains that air crashes are big news and The last one at Westhampton beach was a fatal with an instructor and student. It went National for some reason.

The FAA is aware of the public conception of all light aircraft being J-3 Cubs and the FAA responds with a blow torch when threatened. The FAA can not fix the problems and the Politicians really have no experience to know what is right or wrong pertaining to aviation.

A while back I reported a near collision between a Delta 737 and a Cessna 172 at McArhtur Aiport on Long Island. It was as close as any accident could come and not happen. The crash would have killed a lot of people for sure. The Politicians and the news would still be talking bout it if it happened. My reward for exposing it was to lose my job in the FAA. So I know basically no one cares and the FAA hides facts and does nothing.......in so many words;)........

Look at 9/11 it killed 3000 people and it seems all the politicians have forgotten about it. o_O......

4. Richard Wyeroski

BTW.....I am for kicking the FAA in the nuts too, but they do not have any. The FAA needs to be closed down and a new agency put in it's place that truly is a safety agency......and it will save 18 Billion dollars!!!!

Irish MD-11 likes this.
  5. Rotorruss

Richard Wyeroski likes this.
  6. Richard Wyeroski

.......the FAA is afraid of any media attention. They have people that hide facts and cover-up agency problems to kee the media in the dark. However today it is questionable what the media will do based on weather or not it makes a good news story!!!!

7. Rotorruss

8. Rotorruss

9. Rotorruss

Wonder where the maintenance was done on the -9? Overseas? Anyone remember the 1900 crash after takeoff with the bad elevator rigging?

Where is the oversight? Come on "biggly" one, drain the swamp!

10. Richard Wyeroski

.....well the Admistration has been busy with healthcare....that is over for now and tax cuts are on the table. All Fed agencies are going to have budget cuts and the FAA is on the list along with new top management.....

Rotorruss likes this.
  11. Rotorruss

Maybe in FY2018. This will be too late for all the corruption the management is doing now and have done in the past. The administrator will be gone in January 2018 so he doesn't care about the future. He's lining his pockets now anyway and protecting his minions by creating new positions for them. In the end, it will be the field that gets screwed and will have to do more with less.

Drain the swamp and right size the upper management in the agencies.

12. Richard Wyeroski

Huerta could be gone tomorrow........!...

Rotorruss likes this.
  13. Richard Wyeroski

No one ever did anything about the FAA and it's failure to protect the American flying public. FAA has allowed inferior overseas maintenance facilities to be certified as 145 repair stations. No one cares and it is all about the money........

14. Rotorruss

It will be a race to see who gets fired first, me or the administrator. I'd love to see every line of business director and above fired too along with all the corrupt management and minions that were involved with the new flight program and its development that got me injured.

Management would love to see me gone tomorrow. They caused me to be disabled and yet they don't care about their carelessness. In their eyes, they've done nothing wrong. They question my compotence, yet they are the ones who caused my injuries and brain damage.

I'm just going to see how long they'll take to retaliate against me for speaking up and filing a complaint.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  15. Richard Wyeroski

It would be a good case against the agency. Your hurt on the job and then they fire you for being hurt. The FAA lawyers are below the bottom of the barrel. Very incompetent....

Can I ask you Russ what happened to the other inspector in the crash?

He caused it and FAA is covering it up!

Rotorruss likes this.
  16. Richard Wyeroski

We agree....Schumer is an idiot. I call him "Sound Bite Charlie" all he does is make a statement and nothing happens.....now he wants to block the Supreme Court appointment by the Presidernt.....He sent a letter to the FAA about the G/A accident rate.....on Long Island....;)

Rotorruss likes this.
  17. Rotorruss

Oh, after all the investigations were over, he was allowed to transfer to another job. He's still flying. For a person who designated as the chief helicopter pilot for the flight program and designated PIC of the flight, you would think he would be man enough to check in with me from time to time to see how I was doing. At least my friends and colleagues still do check in with me.

I'm sure the corrupt management told him to clam up. They have destroyed evidence and lied to investigators. The AAE and the administrator, along with AGC, has buried the reports and won't release them because they are an embarrassment to the agency. The union has also turned a blind eye to me even though I've been paying dues for 14 years. I am sure management has promised the union something if they shunned me. Both the agency and the union has removed me from anything to do with the flight program. I am sure they know that I will say something if I see something, so they try to limit me from seeing it. I have recently found that there has been FAR violations with agency aircraft and yet to see any reports. I'm sure that the standards director doesn't want it to be known as it goes against his compliance philosophy.

So, as you can see, nothing has changed since you were in. I will still fight for the field the best I can from the desk job I am now assigned. I still have to fight with the agency and work comp to get the medical treatments I need so that I can have some sort of quality of life. Meanwhile, the corrupt, self serving managers gets to continue enjoying their quality of life.

At least I haven't screwed anyone over to get ahead in life and if I've hurt someone, I'm at least man enough to own up to it and make it right. There is too much blame shifting in the swamp. It's time for the "biggly" one to drain the swamp and hold management accountable for their self serving actions.

I shouldn't have been injured and disabled on the job. I shouldn't have to worry about my job for speaking up either.

18. Richard Wyeroski

...it is so obvious they want to keep it covered up. If I was on the outside looking in I wouldn't believe the agency would be so corrupt, but I know better. Their day is coming though. The agency is not doing anything. Applicants trying to get an air carrier certificate. Nothing happens.......applicants wait. They get the boiler plate letter that they are being processed and then 14 months goes by with no action. It is systemic through out the agency.

I heard that Designated Flight Examiners will be doing flight check for operators?

Administrator Huerta and the rest on the minions could care less....they are too busy with toy drones .....

I find it interesting that one half the FAA budget of 18 Billion.....that's Billion dollars is salaries.....Accidents are happening all over......A Cessna Citation 1 just crashed Friday hitting a house......near Atlanta.....I could keep going but you know what I am saying...

Rotorruss likes this.
  19. Rotorruss

When I was in industry, I never saw the corruption either. I heard about it from time to time, but never saw it unti after I joined up. It seems like it has gotten worse since Blakey had the agency. It's definitely gotten worse after 2009 when nine C-90's showed up at KAFW and the new and improved flight program started.

Changes are coming?? Maybe. But, who will the changes be good for?? The field will continue to suffer. The inspectors will be taken more out of hands on aviation tasks and be put behind the computer. Certification will be done by contractors and designees because the agency can't or won't do it timely.

The management ranks will continue to expand. They will have more time to micromanage and worry about picking the black pepper from fly sh*t so their bonuses aren't effected or pet projects cut. They will continue to shake your hand and stab you in the back with the other. They will continue to play favorites and discriminate against you if you are disabled or speak up about safety lapses.

Inspectors will continue to be frustrated and leave since the industry is recovering. Their replacement will either go unfilled or be an auditor of some type. Since the agency loves regulating anything that flys, the drone division will thrive until it gets contracted out because of mismanagement.

I've never seen such an agency take a project and mess it up so completely, but becomes a white elephant that no one wants to deal with. Management needs to be held accountable for their corrupt empire building habits.

But, until the swamp gets drained, the corruption will continue. The agency's best defense is the rose colored glasses the public wears while looking at the agency. Only when you are on the inside, will you see the agency's true colors. Sometimes, the truth is stranger than fiction.

20. Richard Wyeroski

.....that is why next/gen is such a mess.....overbudget and behind schedule...we will get a few high profile accidents....

Rotorruss likes this.